Josh Bernstein has been serving real estate and corporate transactional clients since 2002. His experience is varied, and he enjoys working on and puzzling out novel and complex corporate and real estate matters.
Josh’s experience includes, among other things, the following:
- representation of public companies in connection with SEC reporting and compliance work (proxies, 10-K’s; 10-Q’s; 8-K’s, etc.);
- representation of public and private company securities issuances (including private placements, and other similar offerings);
- assistance in structuring and drafting joint ventures, both for investors and operating partners, and including both real estate and corporate ventures;
- handling public and private company mergers and acquisitions; and asset sales and dispositions;
- assisting clients, big and small, with real estate acquisitions, sales and financings;
- managing large-scale and multi-state real estate portfolio acquisitions, dispositions and financings;
- complex condominium creation, structuring and governance work, including: commercial condominiums, use of condominiums as a land planning tool, wholesale condominium property acquisitions and dispositions, and rehabilitating failed or faulty condominium legal structures to make ready for sale;
- development of restrictive covenants and owners’ association documents for master-planned communities;
- compliance with federal statutes governing real estate sale and development (including, without limitation, the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act, the Housing for Older Persons Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act);
- representation of real estate lenders, for both improved and unimproved property, and including numerous construction financings secured by real estate;
- assistance with commercial leasing; from both the landlord and tenant side, and including condominium leasing;
- training residential home and condominium sales staff for compliance with applicable local and federal law; and
- workouts of all kinds.
When he’s not busy lawyering, Josh may be found watching 80’s commercials, flying a single-engine plane, playing poker, or trying to be a good dad.