Jesse B. Butler
Mr. Butler has over 17 years of experience handling commercial litigation, creditors’ rights, debt collection, and bankruptcy matters. In addition, Mr. Butler handles LLC formations (and other entity formations), business contract formations, insurance defense litigation (both first and third party), professional liability litigation, and product liability litigation.
Mr. Butler was honored by his peers as a 2010-2016 Super Lawyer – Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine (and published by Texas Monthly). Mr. Butler has an “AV Preeminent” Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is their highest rating.
- Obtained a unanimous defense jury verdict on behalf of a multi-national corporation in which the plaintiffs asked the jury for over $5 million dollars.
- Represented a non-profit organization in a complex contract dispute, and helped the organization collect over a million dollars.
- Represented a large tech company in a complex contract dispute, negotiated and collected a $650,000 settlement on a previously unrecoverable claim.
- Obtained a summary judgment for a client who was sued for legal malpractice. In addition, obtained a $40,000 sanctions award against the plaintiff and his law firm for all costs associated with defending this legal malpractice lawsuit.
- Obtained verdict in a two-day administrative court final hearing (equivalent to a trial), while defending a licensed professional counselor in danger of having her license revoked.
- Obtained a summary judgment on behalf of a telecommunications company that was accused of violating several chapters of the Austin City Code.
Professional and Community Activities:
- St Edward’s University – Board of Trustees – Current Member
- Hispanic Bar Association of Austin (“HBAA”) – Former President
- HBAA Charitable Foundation Board – Immediate Past President
- 2012 Austin Diversity Report Card Committee – Chair
- St. Edward’s University Alumni Board of Directors – Former Chair
- HBAA’s Hispanic Heritage Luncheon – Co-Chair (From 2014 – Present)
- Austin Bar Association Board of Directors – Representative – 2012-2013
- Texas Bar Association – Member
- Mexican-American Bar Association of Texas – Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association – Member
- Wayside Schools Board of Trustees – Former Secretary and Board Member